Follow these tips to make sure you have a fun and safe Halloween!
- Make sure a parent knows you are going and that there is a parent along to guide the way for younger kids. There is safety in numbers. Go in groups.
- Know what route you are taking and stay in a neighborhood you are familiar with. Approach only houses that are WELL LIT.
- Carry a FLASHLIGHT or a Glow Stick. WALK, Don’t RUN!
- Stay on sidewalks and look both ways before crossing the road. If no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Wear clothing that has reflective markings or tape so you can be seen at night.
- Stay away from and DO NOT PET ANIMALS that you don’t know.
- Never go inside the house to get candy. Stay outside on the porch! Never get in a car with a stranger to ride to a different neighborhood.
- Parents need to quality check candy before allowing kids to eat it. Throw out candy that is not in the original wrappers!
- Check with your neighborhood about how and when they will be trick-or-treating and any specific rules you may need to follow for your area.
- Remember to practice social distancing and to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines to the best of your family’s ability.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN from your friends at PAF!
The information and content on our website should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment or advice from your doctor.