Effective March 1, 2017
Pediatric Associates of Franklin strives to provide comprehensive, compassionate and high quality healthcare to all of our patients and families.
One of the most important services we can provide to our patients is vaccinations against life threatening diseases.
We strongly agree with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that childhood vaccines are critical to maintaining healthy children and communities. As medical professionals, we feel that vaccinating children following the recommended schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do for all children and young adults.
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and save lives.
- We firmly believe in the safety of our vaccines
- We firmly believe that all children and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the AAP and the CDC.
- We firmly believe, based on all available literature, evidence, and current studies, that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
- We firmly believe that vaccinating children and young adults may be the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform as healthcare providers, and that you can perform as parents/caregivers.
Our policy is that:
- We adhere to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Immunization Guidelines.
- Because we are committed to protecting the health of your children, we require all of our patients to be vaccinated.
- We do not follow “alternative schedules”. Any parent who refuses to adhere to the AAP recommended vaccine schedule may be discharged from our practice following a 30 day written notice.
- If you refuse to vaccinate your child despite all our efforts, we will ask you to find another healthcare provider who shares your views. Please recognize that by not vaccinating, you are putting your child and others around you at unnecessary risk for life threatening illness and disability, and even death.
- We understand that the choice to vaccinate may be a very emotional decision for some parents. We will do everything we can to educate you that vaccinating according to the recommend schedule is the best thing you can do for your child. If you have doubts please talk with your child’s pediatrician.
The information and content on our website should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment or advice from your doctor.