Fall is a great time for making new family memories.
When the leaves start to change colors, the mountains in Tennessee are wonders to behold. Whether you’re interested in picking some pumpkins from a pumpkin patch or introducing the kids to country music, here are some of the fun family adventures you may want to consider in our area:
- Boo at the Zoo – The Nashville’s Boo at the Zoo event is a fun eleven-night trick-or-treating alternative (October 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, and 28). Bring the kids to the zoo dressed up for a Halloween adventure with hayrides, pumpkins, and animal fun. You’ve never experienced Halloween like this before.
- Pumpkin patches – Lucky Ladd Farms, Gentry’s Farm and Honeysuckle Hill Farm are a few of the great pumpkin patches in Metro Nashville with activities that the whole family can enjoy. Take a drive out to the countryside to pick out pumpkins, pet some farm animals, and go through a corn maze.
- Pumpkinfest – Franklin’s very own Pumpkinfest will be claiming the downtown area on October 28. Bring the whole family for a fun time with a music stage and areas specifically set up for younger children and older children.
- JuRo Stables – Take the family out for a trail ride in the beautiful land surrounding Nashville with JuRo Stables. A young child can double up with a parent while an older child can ride his or her own horse on this fun adventure for the whole family.
- Ghost tours – Do you enjoy a spooky tale? Try Sam Davis Home Ghost Tours, Haunted Bell Witch Cave & Farm, or Ghost Tours at the Hermitage to get into the Halloween spirit with some historic stories and embellished tales.
There are many fun, seasonal events and activities the entire family can enjoy together as the weather gets cooler. In addition to these sponsored events, consider driving away from the city and into the mountains for a weekend cabin getaway or just to see the leaves in the mountains and the wildlife. Hike the Mt. Leconte Summit or check out Laurel Falls at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for some beautiful fall views and some stunning waterfalls.
For more ideas, check out this list of fall fun from NashvilleLife.com.
Happy Fall Y’all!